This is my interview with Cyrus Mistry, Group Product Manager, Android & Chromebooks for Education. Cyrus is in charge of managing the Chromebook for Education team at Google. His early efforts helped the first round of Chromebooks to schools which provided to be amazingly successful. Today, over 50% of devices used in Schools are Chromebooks.
The Development of ChromeOS
During our conversation I asked Cyrus to tell us about the early development of ChromeOS and how they were originally introduced to schools. It’s an interesting story!
The Impact of Chromebooks in Education
Cyrus has conversations with schools around the world and has seen first hand the impact Chromebooks are having in the classroom. He shares some of his favorite examples on how Chromebooks are having a positive impact on teaching and learning.
In this episode:
- How the Chrome evolved into an entire operating system?
- How have Chromebook impacted teachers and students?
- What is the future of Chrome?
- How Google’s focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning will impact Chromebooks and the classroom?
- What can we expect from ChromeOS in the coming months?
The future of Chromebooks
I also spend quite a bit of time asking Cyrus to share the future of Chrome. What can we expect in the next 12-24 months? That leads us into discussions about Android apps on Chrome, touch screen, and machine learning