On February 17, 2021, Google hosted a virtual “learning with Google” event where they announced more than 50 significant updates to Google Classroom, Google Meet, Google Drive, and Chromebooks.
This episode is devoted to reviewing and discussing these updates and what they mean for your classroom!
I knew I would need some help to get through all of these updates so I asked my friend Lissa Brunan to join me.
Note: this episode addresses the classroom product updates. I will be recording a second episode to discuss the technical updates to the admin console and the updates to the premium tier for
G Suite for Education Google Workspace for Education.
Additional links and information
- Full learn with Google video (90 minutes)
- A peak at what’s next for Google Classroom (official announcement)
- Chromebooks get an education refresh (official announcement)
- New safety and engagement features for Google Meet (official announcement)
- 50+ new education features (official announcement)
- Google Forms draft response beta sign up