Chromebook Lesson Ideas
Typing for Elementary Students
About the Project
Much like handwriting, typing is an essential life skill that students must learn as quickly as possible. Chromebooks are compatible with many free resources and programs that can help students improve their typing speed and proficiency. Typing practice is a great enrichment and reward activity once other work has been completed. Regular practice is key.
Dance Mat Typing
• Includes good verbal instructions (headphones will be helpful!)
• No login or configuration required, however, progress is not saved or tracked.
• Teacher must set up a class and enroll students to view progress and collect data.
• Free version is ad-supported
• Features a Chrome App
• Saves student progress, but data is not shared with the teacher.
• Get started fast! No setup or login required for practice.
• Log in using Google to track progress.
• Features a fun multiplayer game
Typing Practice Games
Leave a Reply