“Have a highlighter and sticky tabs ready! You’ll need them to mark all the ideas, tips, suggestions, and shortcuts in this book.” – Debra A. Cassidy
The most comprehensive
Chromebook resource available.
The Chromebook Classroom gives you a fast, clear road map for turning a new fleet of Chromebooks into rich learning tools for a single classroom or an entire district! The Chromebook Classroom is the perfect companion for educators just getting started with Chromebooks – or looking for new ways to boost their students’ learning through technology.
Challenge your students with Chromebook inspired lessons
Take full advantage of the Chromebooks in your Classroom!
Print and Kindle
Brand new to Chromebooks?
Let me help you get started!
- Understand how Chromebooks are different from a Mac or PC
- Make the transition from iPads to Chromebooks
- Pick the right Chromebook for your Classroom
- The top Chrome apps and extensions for your classroom.
Looking for new ways to use Chromebooks in your classroom?
Check out these resources:
- Classroom management ideas for teachers in 1:1 classrooms.
- Tested techniques for managing Chromebook carts.
- The best apps and extensions for students with special learning needs.
- Strategies to speed up the login process for young learners
- 40+ lesson ideas and templates for elementary teachers.
- 65+ lesson ideas and templates for middle and high school teachers
Starting a 1:1 program?
Check out my complete deployment guide for administrators:
- Best practices for deploying Chromebooks
- Testimonials from 1:1 and cart based schools.
- Detailed information on insurance, cases, and on-site Chromebook repairs.
- Detailed overview of device and user settings
“I love this book! It’s very easy to read, understand and implement! I highly recommend it!” – Kimberly Poston
What are educators saying about The Chromebook Classroom?
Hamilton, New Zealand
“This is a fabulous book! It is beautifully written, with a relentless focus on meeting the needs of busy teachers; Easy to read and full of practical tips and tricks that will help any school in their journey.”
Google Education Team
“The Chromebook Classroom is a great and super easy read. It gets into the logistics of the how, why and ease of use for Google Chromebooks. I would recommend this book for any school admin, first time business user or IT department that is interested in diving into ChromeOS.”
Next Vista for Learning
“The Chromebook Classroom is a must-have for every teacher in schools starting to make use of these simple yet powerful devices.”
Cynthia Ann Heckmanon
“I wish we’d had this book when our district went 1:1 with Chromebooks! I’ve taken Google courses with the author and he knows his stuff. He focuses on being practical, realistic and up-to-date with what teacher need to know for daily use of all things Google.”
“Of all of the ed tech books I own, this is the one I keep referring to when I have a question about how to do something on a Chromebook. The lesson ideas and teacher stories help to make this more than a how-to book.”
Eleanor F Potter
“This book is an amazing resource for districts and teachers getting started with Chromebooks in the classroom. John has drawn on his extensive knowledge and years of training to put together a comprehensive resource. He keeps things totally simple and easy-to-understand.”
Starting a 1:1 Chromebook Program?
Buy the book for your staff!
The Chromebook Classroom is the perfect resource to help your teachers prepare for a 1:1 program.
If you would like to purchase bulk quantities (10+ copies) of The Chromebook Classroom I can provide a discounted rate and accept purchase order payments.
- Orders of 10 or more books: save 25% ($18.72/copy)
- Orders of 25+ books: save 50% ($12.47/copy)
- Need a LOT of books? Email me!
To take advantage of bulk pricing please email me. Bulk pricing is not available on Amazon.