Where do you go for new teaching ideas?
Good teachers are always on the lookout for new lesson ideas and classroom strategies. Good teachers are always getting better!
Unfortunately, there is a lot of noise and bad information you need to sift through to find the good stuff:
- Facebook groups are full of opinions and outdated information.
- Pinterest is overrun with TPT links and paid content
- Twitter is filled with politics.
- Do you really need another email newsletter?
If you are looking for a simple way to learn about updates to your favorite edTech products and be introduced to new tools and teaching ideas, join me for “Wednesday Webinars with John”!
Introducing, Wednesday Webinars with me, John Sowash
Every Wednesday from October 2022 – May 2023 I will be offering a unique 90-minute LIVE webinar to introduce you to the latest features of your favorite EdTech products like Google Classroom and Drive, and share new teaching ideas like digital whiteboards, project-based learning, and video assignments.
Webinars take place every Wednesday from 4:30-6:00pm eastern time. You can join me LIVE or watch the replay at your convenience.
Wednesday Webinars with John
🗣️ LIVE sessions take place on Wednesday from 4:30-6:00 PM EST.
🖥️ Can’t attend live? Watch the RECORDING at your convenience.
🏅 Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend!
“The recorded webinars work really well for this tired elementary teacher. I’m zonked after school but I appreciate the ability to watch recordings on the weekends.” Erin Koues, elementary media technology specialist, Canton, Georgia
How does it work?
My goal is to make things simple and easy. Webinars take place on the same day (Wednesday!), at the same time!
- Sessions start at 4:30pm eastern time
- Join via Google Meet from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend (no additional fee)
- Attendance is optional; join the sessions that are of interest to you!
- Can’t attend live? Watch the recording!
“Thank you so much for the ideas. I can’t wait to try them with my students.” Veronica Schlosser, Middle School Teacher, Tawas, Michigan
Register for $99
What you get:
- Weekly webinars with John Sowash (More than 35 sessions to choose from)
- 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend (certificates and documentation are provided)
- Access to all session recordings
- Extensive resources and classroom templates
- High-quality broadcasts with professional audio and video equipment
My goal is to make this the best webinar experience of your life! If you decide this program isn’t for you, send me an email and I will issue a refund.
Earn up to 30 hours of continuing education credit!
Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend! A certificate of attendance is automatically provided to everyone who attends the live session.
Complete a short reflection form to receive credit for watching a recorded session!
Michigan Educators: this program has been approved for SCECH credits by the Michigan Department of Education.
Note: Be sure to review your district and state policies to determine eligibility. I am happy to provide additional documentation to verify your participation.
Webinar topics and schedule for 2022-23
Click here if you would like to view a detailed description for each session.
Note: sessions in bold will be presented LIVE. All other sessions are available on-demand.
- 5 Five cool tools to try this school year
- 12 Elementary teaching toolbox
- 19 Science teaching toolbox
- 26 Social studies teaching toolbox
- 2 Special education teaching toolbox
- 9 Canva can do that?!?
- 16 Design an audio project for your classroom
- 30: Math teaching toolbox
- 7 Have fun with Figma
- 14 Exploring the Applied Digital Skills curriculum
- 21 / 28 Christmas (no session)
- 4 Going deeper with Google Classroom
- 11 Teaching with Chromebooks (tips & tricks)
- 18 Organize your digital life
- 25 Teaching with Hyperdocs and choiceboards
- 1 Get creative with Google Slides
- 8 Building better assessments with Google Forms
- 15 Engaging presentations with Nearpod & Pear Deck
- 22 Paper and pencil assignments with Google classroom
- 1 Turn any YouTube video into a lesson
- 8 Capture lessons with video
- 15 Analyzing data with Google Sheets
- 22 Universal Design for Learning
- 5 Project based learning with Google Sites
- 12 Simple video projects with Adobe Express
- 19 Capstone project ideas
- 26 Help your students become “YouTubers”
- 3 Teaching with Graphic Organizers
- 10 “Hidden” Google Tools
- 17 Tour with world with Google Earth
- 24 Tips for wrapping up the school year
- Art, Math, and Logic with Google Sheets
- Grading with Google Classroom
- Get creative with virtual whiteboards
- Fun project ideas for K-5 classrooms
- Do more with add-ons
- And MORE….
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I register?
You can get started right away! Look for an email from me with a link to a special website that contains links to the LIVE sessions and the session recordings.
Is attendance mandatory?
No. You can decide which session you wish to attend. Each session is targeted toward a specific grade and subject area. Pick the sessions that are most relevant to your needs.
Which webinar platform do you use?
Sessions are conducted through Google Meet. You don’t need anything special to connect, just a device and an internet connection!
I missed the start date, can I still sign up?
Yes! You can sign up at any time. Each session is recorded and you will be able to watch previous sessions and earn continuing education credit for watching the replay.
I’m an elementary teacher, will there be sessions for me?
Yes! Each month there will be at least one session specifically targeted for elementary classrooms.
Are these beginner or advanced sessions?
Both! I carefully calibrate the monthly schedule to include beginner and advanced topics. The monthly schedule is constructed to offer sessions for various grade levels, subject areas, and technical abilities.
How do I earn/request continuing education credits?
Attendance is automatically tracked during the live sessions. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for each session they attend which can be used to document professional learning hours.
Additional attendance documentation is available upon request. Just let us know what information your district requires!
What are the topics?
The topics for 2022-23 are available here. This list was created to cover a broad range of important instructional strategies and ideas for each grade level and subject area. The session schedule may change as new tools and needs are identified.
Can my entire district / building sign up?
Feel free to get in touch! You can email me or give me a call: 231-seven69-27four1.