Professional development should be fun, not frustrating
Good teachers are always on the lookout for new lesson ideas and classroom strategies. Unfortunately, professional development frequently misses the mark:
- It is schedule at inconvenient times…
- It is one-size-fits all…(too advanced or too basic)…
- It doesn’t include grade and subject-specific ideas…
- It doesn’t include ideas I can use in my classroom right away…
As a former teacher, I know how frustrating generic PD sessions can be. If you are ready to grow professionally and be challenged with new teaching ideas, I invite you to join me for Wednesday webinars with John.
Using AI in the Classroom
During the 2023-24 webinar series I will be thoughtfully discussing the opportunities and challenges related to using AI in the classroom. Rather than doing a single, generic AI session, I will be discussing subject-specific recommendations during my toolbox series taking place in October and November. If you want to know how AI can help you in the classroom, join me for the 2023-24 webinar series!
Introducing, Wednesday Webinars with me, John Sowash
Every Wednesday from October 2023 – May 2024 I will be sharing a unique 60-minute webinar to introduce you to the latest features of your favorite EdTech products like Google Classroom, Canva, and the Google Drive suite of tools. This year I will also be discussing the use of generative AI tools such as ChatGPT and Google Bard, and thoughtfully sharing ways you can use these tools at various grade levels and subject areas.
“John always has great ideas in his sessions. Excited to implement them ASAP! Hannah Lindman, Spanish Teacher, Brighton, Michigan
Webinars are posted every Wednesday at 9am eastern time. Pick the topics that you are interested in (no need to watch them all) and watch them when it is convenient.
Wednesday Webinars with John
🗣️ LIVE sessions are posted every Wednesday at 9am EST.
🖥️ Pick the topics that interest you and watch when it is convenient.
🏅 Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend!
“The recorded webinars work really well for this tired elementary teacher. I’m zonked after school but I appreciate the ability to watch recordings on the weekends.” Erin Koues, elementary media technology specialist, Canton, Georgia
How does it work?
My goal is to make things simple and easy. Webinars take place on the same day (Wednesday!), at the same time!
- New sessions are posted every Wednesday at 9am EST
- Join via Google Meet from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend (no additional fee)
- Attendance is optional; join the sessions that are of interest to you!
- You can watch any session at any time!
“Thank you so much for the ideas. I can’t wait to try them with my students.” Veronica Schlosser, Middle School Teacher, Tawas, Michigan
Register for $99
What you get:
- Weekly webinars with John Sowash (More than 35 sessions to choose from)
- 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend (certificates and documentation are provided)
- Access to all session recordings
- Extensive resources and classroom templates
- High-quality broadcasts with professional audio and video equipment
My goal is to make this the best webinar experience of your life! If you decide this program isn’t for you, send me an email and I will issue a refund.
Earn up to 30 hours of continuing education credit!
Earn 1 hour of continuing education credit for each session you attend! A certificate of attendance is automatically provided to everyone who attends the live session.
Complete a short reflection form to receive credit for watching a recorded session!
Michigan Educators: this program has been approved for SCECH credits by the Michigan Department of Education.
Note: Be sure to review your district and state policies to determine eligibility. I am happy to provide additional documentation to verify your participation.
“I want to thank you for the time and effort you put into these sessions, they are awesome! Debra Guidot-Allen, Art Teacher, Brighton, Michigan
Webinar topics and schedule for 2023-24
Click here if you would like to view a detailed description for each session.
Sessions are available starting at 9am EST on the date they are scheduled.
- 4 Five cool tools to try this school year
- 11 Elementary toolbox + AI tools
- 18 What’s new with Google Classroom?
- 26 Social studies toolbox + AI tools
- 1 Special ed teaching toolbox + AI tools
- 8 Science toolbox + AI tools
- 15 Chromebooks can do that?
- 29: Math toolbox + AI tools
- 6 Think creatively with FigJam
- 13 Guided notes with Google Docs
- 20 / 27 Christmas
- 10 Video editing with Canva
- 17 Stopping sneaky students
- 24 Organize your digital life
- 31 AI in the Classroom: the good and the bad
- 7 I hate spreadsheets
- 14 Extension expedition
- 21 LitTrips: exploring literature and the world
- 28 Chromebook accessibility features
- 6 Advanced spreadsheet formulas
- 13 Flip your classroom with video
- 20 Build a magical certificate machine
- 27 Simple audio project ideas
- 3 Turn your poster projects into Google Sites
- 10 End of year project ideas
- 17 Learning through discussion
- 24 Using YouTube in the classroom
- 1 Drag and drop with Google Slides
- 8 “Hidden” Google Tools
- 15 Email & Calendar power tips
- 22 Tips for wrapping up the school year
Chat with John
All registered participants will receive access to a special Google Chat thread where they can ask questions, interact with John, and share lesson ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I register?
You can get started right away! Look for an email from me with a link to a special website that contains links to the session recordings.
Is attendance mandatory?
No. You can decide which session you wish to attend. Each session is targeted toward a specific grade and subject area. Pick the sessions that are most relevant to your needs.
Which webinar platform do you use?
Videos will be shared on a special Google Site and you can message me using Google Chat.
I missed the start date, can I still sign up?
Yes! You can sign up at any time. Each session is recorded and you will be able to watch previous sessions and earn continuing education credit for watching the replay.
I’m an elementary teacher, will there be sessions for me?
Yes! Each month there will be at least one session specifically targeted for elementary classrooms.
Are these beginner or advanced sessions?
Both! I carefully calibrate the monthly schedule to include beginner and advanced topics. The monthly schedule is constructed to offer sessions for various grade levels, subject areas, and technical abilities.
How do I earn/request continuing education credits?
You can request a certificate of attendance for each session you watch. This certificate can be used to document professional learning hours.
Additional attendance documentation is available upon request. Just let me know what information your district requires!
What are the topics?
The topics for 2023-24 are available here. This list was created to cover a broad range of important instructional strategies and ideas for each grade level and subject area. The session schedule may change as new tools and needs are identified.
Can my entire district / building sign up?
Feel free to get in touch! You can email me or give me a call: 231-seven69-27four1.