There are an infinite number of ways that people can submit phone numbers, addresses, and other data into Google Forms, resulting in messy data that you have to clean up.
Response validation is a “hidden” feature of Google Forms that lets you establish rules for responses ranging from proper email addresses to consistently formatted phone numbers. You can even define custom rules using regular expressions!
Related Post: 30 ways to use Google Forms in your classroom
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:44 Rules for email & response length
- 2:12 Enable response validation
- 3:55 Checkbox selection rules
- 5:14 “Password” validation rule
- 7:28 Create custom rules with regular expressions
- 9:54 Using RegExLib.com
- 11:55 Additional form resources