Is G Suite Enterprise for Education worth the cost?
Should your district upgrade to the enterprise edition of G Suite for education? That’s the question I would like to help you answer!
During this episode we will explore the differences between the free and paid versions of G Suite for Education, look at pricing, and try to decide if upgrading is a good fit for your district.
G Suite for Education Enterprise Features:
Google Meet features:
- Up to 250 participants
- Meeting recording
- Livestream (up to 100,000 in-domain participants)
- Breakout rooms
- Poll questions
- Q&A Moderation
- Attendance reports
Google Classroom features:
- Unlimited originality reports
- Internal originality checks (scans documents in Google Drive in addition to the web)
- Improved admin reports
Security and data privacy features:
- Domain migration (requires 15% of staff to be licensed)
- Shared Drive folder migration (requires 15% of staff to be licensed)
- BigQuery logs
- Enhanced mobile device management
- Context aware access
This is only a partial list of the features of G Suite Enterprise. This document contains a complete list.
How much does G Suite for Education Enterprise cost?
- G Suite for Education Enterprise at $48/year/user.
- Full domain license – All users receive a enterprise license.
- Partial domain license – select the users who need advanced features. Some domain-wide features such as domain migration, will not be available.
How to upgrade to G Suite for Education Enterprise
To upgrade to enterprise, contact the Google reseller that you used to purchase your Chromebooks or Chromebook licenses.
Tip: you can view your reseller by logging into the Google Admin console and visiting the “billing” app. Your reseller will be listed on this page.
If you don’t have a reseller, you are welcome to contact my friends at Promevo (not a sponsor). They helped me upgrade my domain.
Did you upgrade to enterprise?
Did your district upgrade to enterprise? Leave me a comment and let me know why they did or did NOT.
Robbin Harrison says
Just what I was looking for. Concise breakdown of the new paid version. Thanks John.
Yes sir! ?
Lois Evans says
Our district did upgrade, and I really enjoyed listening to your podcast on the way to work this morning. Very informative.
Thank you. I look forward to your future episodes.
Thanks for the feedback, Lois! ❤️?
Thomas Ho says
I upgraded my school especially to get the Meet features but I will be using the security features too
So do the teachers and staff only need to be upgraded? I don’t think students would benefit from these features, correct?