I recently helped a school migrate their data from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace for education using the domain migration utility from Google Workspace.
I learned a lot through this data migration project. Here are 10 things that I wish I knew when I started my migration!
Related post: Google Workspace for Education: Upgrade options
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:43 Inbox cleanup
- 2:25 Test migrations
- 3:08 Skip system folders
- 3:54 Set up your migration account
- 5:19 Lift your EWS throttling policy
- 7:10 More is faster
- 8:12 Once you start, it’s tough to stop
- 9:37 100% is finished
- 10:14 It’s OK to remigrate
- 11:51 Be patient!
- 12:31 additional resources