10 helpful links you should visit!
As part of my daily routine, I scan dozens of blogs, visit a handful of Facebook groups and skim through Twitter. The goal: find the most helpful resources, tools, and articles that I can share with my teacher friends (that’s you!)
Here are my top 10 links for November 2019!
- Google Extends the End-of-life date for 135 Chromebooks – This is a pretty big deal for any school district with aging Chromebooks. Click the link for a full list of devices with extended support dates.
- Black Friday Chromebook Deals – the guys over at Chrome Unboxed keep an eagle eye out for the best deals on Chromebooks. Follow their black Friday page for regular updates.
- Audio in Google Slides (finally!) – After a LOOOOONG wait, the ability to add audio files to Google Slides has arrived! Click Insert > Audio to try it!
- Virtual Desks – this new Chromebook feature will help you organize your tabs and apps. Check out this post for some classroom applications.
- Tips for using the Google Drive Priority Page – this is a new feature for Google Drive that can make it easier to find your most frequently used files.
- A Solution for your YouTube Brand Account? – My super smart friend Brian found a solution to bulk-download YouTube video stuck in a brand account.
- Slip-n-Slide – This is an amazing add-on for Google Slides! Use it to add a new slide to existing presentations. Perfect this journal activity!
- Thankful Thoughts Assignment – This is a fun Thanksgiving assignment you can adjust for any grade level.
- Don’t Gobble Me (writing Assignment) – Help save Tom Turkey! This activity teaches persuasive writing and email etiquete.
- Guest appearance on the Chrome Unboxed Podcast – earlier in November I had a chance to meet up with the three guys behind the Chrome Unboxed blog and podcast. They were kind enough to invite me to join them for a special EDU edition of their podcast. Give it a listen!